The Journey House School
Journey House is a 13-bed specialized residential treatment facility on Natchaug Hospital's Mansfield campus for girls ages 12 to 18 who are referred by the juvenile justice system.
Referred girls have identified needs for behavioral health services and may have a history of one or more of the following: significant trauma; mental illness; sex trafficking; substance abuse; and/or assaultive and/or self-injurious behaviors.
Journey House offers a variety of evidence-based treatment that we carry out in individual, group and family settings. This includes:
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- The Seven Challenges® substance abuse treatment
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Accelerated Resolution Therapy (ART)
- Emotional Freedom Technique
- Trauma-informed yoga
Residents and the treatment team collaborate on discharge planning, which includes coordinating individual and family therapy, medication management, identification of a primary care physician, and any vocational, recreational or educational resources.
Head of School Welcome
Thank you for your interest in the Journey House school program. We are proud to provide a quality and comprehensive education to our residents. As part of the comprehensive and therapeutic care provided by Journey House, the school program is dedicated to offering a nurturing educational environment.
At a Glance
- Girls ages 12 to 18 who are involved in the court-system.
- Compliant with National Juvenile Facility PREA standards.
- Full school day: 8am – 2pm
- Early release day: 8am – 12pm
189 Storrs RoadGet Directions
Mansfield Center, CT 06250-0260