Our Enrollment Process
Natchaug Schools commits to partnering with school staff, parents and students to provide them the best possible education. We work together so every scholar achieves in the classroom.
How it works
The following explains how a student typically enters our program:
- Local school district representatives determine a student’s educational needs cannot be met in the public school setting.
- The district obtains a signed release of information from the parent/guardian to send records to Natchaug Schools.
- Natchaug staff reviews records and the student’s current IEP to determine if an intake interview is appropriate.
- If appropriate, an intake interview is scheduled and conducted with staff from the specific school.
- If all parties agree with placement, a PPT is conducted to modify the IEP to reflect changes in location (and potentially services).
Note: The timeline may vary from one to three weeks depending on how quickly things are scheduled and program availability.